Friday, January 18, 2013

Selling is No Longer a Monologue


An American salesman is trying to sell ice to an Eskimo. He blabbers on and on and on about the need of the Eskimo for the ice, the superiority of his ice against the ice surrounding the Eskimo, etc. The Eskimo was listening to the man and would only be distracted every now and then by a discreet beep on his iPhone. After about 30 minutes, just as the salesman was winding down on his sales talk, A FedEx guy appeared and the Eskimo told the salesman, “I’m sorry I won’t be buying your product. You see, I posted on my Twitter and my Facebook that somebody is selling me ice and my followers advised that if I really need ice, I should get it from this company that they have tried. Plus they offer free delivery too. And I can purchase their ice online, with money back guarantee. ”

And the moral of the story, my friend, is this: Selling is no longer a monologue.

If you want to sell your product, get yourself and your product out there in the internet world. Talk to your clients and talk to their friends. Yes, it is a tall order. So you will need all the help you can get. Ask for it if you must. Search for an experienced lead generation company with lead generation services for your lead generation. There’s really no point in working on a prospect that will only be usurped by others because of your own bungled effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment